Whats worse bullying from girls/boys?

Have advice for parents of a bullied kid? What can they do? How can they help?

Whats worse bullying from girls/boys?

Postby walkins » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:44 am

As a parent what do you think is harder to deal with? Having a daughter that is bullied or a son that is bullied?
walkins

Re: Whats worse bullying from girls/boys?

Postby SUPERMOM » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Coming from a mother I would have to say that girls are worse. Girls are relentless and attack the things that you know will crush a girls spirits and they get friends to join in. My boys just get in a wrestling match when they disagree at school but my daughter has a bully in her 5th grade class that would pick out something every day to make fun of that she wore to school. Say things like I used to own that shirt until I donated it to goodwill. Say he hair was nasty and bugs fly around the stench.Several things that made my daughter cry over and over. Its also harder to talk to girls when they have a problem because the drama levels are way up and they tell you that you dont get it and get the silent treatment like you are the one bullying them. I try my best with all my kids but girls are definately harder to please.
SUPERMOM

Postby Arrowhead » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:52 am

I also believe girls are worse. Just to see a little girl crying breaks your heart and when you know girls are constantly making your daughter cry is such a killer as a parent.
Arrowhead

Postby Distant » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:34 am

Girls. They will break a girl down and point out all of her flaws humiliating her. Boys will just call you stupid or something not as personal and make threats of violence. Boys usually dont act scared too while girls will fall apart and cry for days.
Distant

Postby periods » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:48 am

I also agree that girls are much worse. They will get everyone they know involved and everyone together is slinging mud. If you have a teenage daughter that is getting bullied they think that their life is over and you have to comfort them much more then you would a boy. Girls are more sensitive and it shows for sure.
periods

Postby Density00 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:10 pm

I think having a group of boys chase you down like a hungry pack of wolves and beat you until you are bloody is much worse than what girls doing to each other. I would rather be called fat and ugly than getting my butt kicked any day of the week.
Density00

Postby juicy66 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:23 am

Girls are really mean sometimes. They can really breakdown other girls because they are much more aware of what people are insecure about. Telling another girl that her hair is gross is like the end of the world to them and as an adult you think that you can just cheer them up but little girls are very dramatic so its more difficult to rectify the problem.
juicy66

Postby ShawnM » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Density00 wrote :
> I think having a group of boys chase you down like a hungry pack of wolves
> and beat you until you are bloody is much worse than what girls doing to
> each other. I would rather be called fat and ugly than getting my butt
> kicked any day of the week.

Getting beat up from guys is much more traumatic to a kid then being called ugly
ShawnM

Postby Meters » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:39 pm

You would think so but girls seem to take bullying a lot worse than boys. You can easily distract a boy with a good time but a girl will tell you that she knows what you are trying to do and its not going to work because they are upset right now. :) Learned from their mother of course.
Meters

Postby Soon2B » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:19 pm

I say boys, when a boy loses a fight it can mess with his confidence and they struggle with their identity for a long time
Soon2B

Next

Return to Parents of a Bullied Kid

Chat: Enter