Fighting advice ok?

Have advice for parents of a bullied kid? What can they do? How can they help?

Re: Fighting advice ok?

Postby LAwerk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:19 pm

Fighting for yourself is exactly what it is, yourself. As a parent you should only guide your kids but let them make their own choices so they can understand consequences. If they feel that fighting is something that they have to do then it will be done but when they start to get in trouble for fighting is when you have to explain that you will not help them if they get in trouble because they decided to fight so it must be worth the punishment. Then you will raise a child to become an adult.
LAwerk

Postby Hero93 » Mon May 13, 2013 1:14 pm

I told my son when he went to school that he is not allowed to start a fight and it he not allowed to let someone hit him without telling a teacher or defending himself.I dont want him in a fight but if I scare him into thinking he cant protect himself he will be much worse.
Hero93

Postby teeeesha » Fri May 17, 2013 11:28 pm

I say, never start a fight and before you fight back, make sure its worth what happens next. My dad always taught me if i fight back and it was a minor incident, prepare for a butt whooping home. If i decide that butt whoopin is worth finishing, then by all means, fight back.
teeeesha

Postby Daretodream » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:21 pm

I would never encourage a fight. If my child was coming home from school with bruises, im marching up to the school and getting answers. I would never encourage my child to fight, but I would definitely say defend yourself if you need to. I want my kids to be trained in something, should the ever need to protect themselves.
Daretodream

Postby JELL0 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:20 pm

Hero93 wrote :
> I told my son when he went to school that he is not allowed to start a
> fight and it he not allowed to let someone hit him without telling a
> teacher or defending himself.I dont want him in a fight but if I scare him
> into thinking he cant protect himself he will be much worse.

You have the right idea I think Hero93
JELL0

Postby FavKid » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:00 pm

^^^^ How every parent should react to bullies at school
FavKid

Previous

Return to Parents of a Bullied Kid

Chat: Enter