Daily progress report

Have advice for parents of a bullied kid? What can they do? How can they help?

Daily progress report

Postby fignewton » Mon May 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Ask your child's teacher to write a daily progress report on how your child is getting along with the kids in school. If they have to keep an eye out because you have taken the time to show concern then they will be more protective of your son or daughter. This will also keep you informed of any strange behavior when they come home because you will have a report emailed to you daily with what went on that day. This is important because sometimes kids will tell you their day was fine just so they dont have to talk about it.
fignewton

Re: Daily progress report

Postby RedWhiteandBlue » Wed May 16, 2012 2:25 pm

You should exchange emails with the teacher so you can have that daily contact so whenever you need to ask a question that line is open and they know what your immediate concerns are as a parent.
RedWhiteandBlue

Postby TeenSpirit » Thu May 17, 2012 2:20 pm

RedWhiteandBlue wrote :
> You should exchange emails with the teacher so you can have that daily
> contact so whenever you need to ask a question that line is open and they
> know what your immediate concerns are as a parent.

I have dont this with my sons math teacher because he likes to fib when he has homework so I have direct contact through email. My son doesnt have problems with bullies in school but thanks to the computers in their classroom I can exchange emails during school too so if he ever steps out of line she can notify me asap. I really think every parent should have this contact with their childs teachers. All of them if you can make it happen.
TeenSpirit

Postby reasons » Wed May 23, 2012 3:43 pm

Giving your teacher your direct cell phone and getting theirs will also keep you in touch with their daily progress. Sometimes things should just be spoken about so the child doesnt read their own progres report while bringing it home to mom and dad. Having that open line is kep to staying on top of what your child has going on in school.
reasons

Postby carrothead » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:50 pm

***PARENTS**** if you are not doing this with your child you are not paying close enough attention and as a parent no matter what you have going on you must be more involved with their education. Keeping up on how the grades are will keep them accountable if they start slipping up. If they are having a bullying problem you can request the teacher to give daily reports and try to bring them up at home to find out how bad it is becoming before it is too late. Kids do not tell their parents when they are being bullied and depressed sometimes because they dont think parents will understand. This will get out of hand and another young person will take their life. Please keep in close contact with your child's teachers it could save their life.
carrothead

Postby Druids » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:08 am

When your child has multiple teachers will they still do this for parents?
Druids

Postby MammaJ » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:21 pm

Yes they will, also if you setup a skype account you can have a face to face conversation so its more intimate and feel like you are really in a sit down meeting with them.
MammaJ

Postby reunited » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:51 pm

The advancements in technology have made it much easier for parents to keep track of their child's schooling and how to catch a failing student that is getting bullied and keeping it to themself. I definately agree with the above posters that every parent should do this.
reunited

Postby remarked » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:14 pm

When you get the progress report you can also send in feedback to the teacher and recommend ways of handling problems that you know your child will respond to. You should want to work together with the teacher to make your kids life easier.
remarked

Postby St0ps » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Druids wrote :
> When your child has multiple teachers will they still do this for parents?

You must make the effort to meet with each of them so you can get on speaking terms and welcome a phone call at any time of day or night.
St0ps

Next

Return to Parents of a Bullied Kid

Chat: Enter