Never stop

Have advice for parents of a bullied kid? What can they do? How can they help?

Never stop

Postby BeenThere2 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:31 am

If you are a parent of a bullied child and the school is not cooperating with you to stop it do not ever give up. Just because the school is not helping doesnt mean you dont have another avenues to take. If need be just go directly to the school district officials with a formal complaint and a list of everything that has happened to date and include details. Someone is going to hear your voice and you will get results for your child.
BeenThere2

Re: Never stop

Postby milkyways » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Use your local resources: local news, neighbors, school parents, blogging websites. Get your story out and do not except no for and answer
milkyways

Postby NatalieHortman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:46 pm

I am a parent of 2 boys that have both been bullied and both times they would come home crying and explain a incredible scene that I couldnt imagine a teacher would have missed this but of course both times the teachers knew of the bullying but did nothing to stop it. I had several meetings with the principal and vice principal on how I wanted my child's safety gauranteed or I would have so many news crews knocking down their door that they would have to shut down the school.(didnt think I could do it but I still made the threat to show them I was serious) Both times there was proof of negligence by the teacher and both times the teacher was forced to have a meeting with me and my son dicussing how they would make the proper changes that were needed. Dont ever accept that the schools will protect your children because at the end of the day you are in charge of their well being.
NatalieHortman

Postby PurpleRain » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:17 pm

You are an all American mom Natalie!
PurpleRain

Postby graced » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:10 am

milkyways wrote :
> Use your local resources: local news, neighbors, school parents, blogging
> websites. Get your story out and do not except no for and answer

How can you get a news team to come film your story?
graced

Postby BestChance » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:38 am

graced wrote :
> milkyways wrote :
> > Use your local resources: local news, neighbors, school parents, blogging
> > websites. Get your story out and do not except no for and answer
>
> How can you get a news team to come film your story?

You have to call your local newstip hotline and explain to them what you have and they will contact you back even if they dont plan on doing the story. Bullying is big right now so I think you will get their attention.
BestChance

Postby Cubano » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Always requests meetings with the school and the parents of the bully to eliminate the problem from every angle and every location
Cubano

Postby DrSpin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:26 am

I would record the meeting so if actions are not taken you can bring in the audio to court.
DrSpin

Postby CharlieB » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:19 am

They make it difficult to report because they want you to give up. They will lie to you and inform you that its not a matter that is reviewable but they are trying to cover up the problems. Never give up the fight when you are helping your child with bullies. We need to make a change and finally stop this nonsense.
CharlieB

Postby Dexxx » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:44 pm

DrSpin wrote :
> I would record the meeting so if actions are not taken you can bring in the
> audio to court.

Good idea then it becomes less of your word against theirs
Dexxx

Next

Return to Parents of a Bullied Kid

Chat: Enter