Wanting approval

Is your dad telling you to stop crying and toughen up? How do you get him to listen?

Re: Wanting approval

Postby sideout » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:13 am

You dont need your parents approval to live a happy life just do what makes you feel good about yourself
sideout

Postby MizCeeDub » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:01 am

Stropp wrote :
> There are many kids that are struggling as adults because they never had
> that approval. People refer to them as daddy issues. They are very real.
That's me.... never did a lot to make my mom proud, and my dad is or will never say he's proud. He doesn't know me, so my struggles and small accomplishment are minute. But because I didn't have that approval, I deal with daddy and mommy issues. I try to hard, please others before me, do for others before me, and constantly seek approval and acceptance. Them I doubt all that when given. Sad life to lead. Lol
MizCeeDub

Postby RayJ4 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:15 pm

People pleasers usually had some messed up parents that didnt love themself so they dont give love to their own. We know that we dont have to help people but not having the acceptance filled as a kid give you a great feeling when you do it as an adult and its hard to escape
RayJ4

Postby ColSanders » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:01 pm

I have a brother that has accomplished so much it makes my life look like a waste. I knew from the age of 10 my brother would be above me in every way so I got used to being in his shadow. I knew I would never be the favorite in my parents eyes so I didnt look for it. Its not like I dont love them I just know they want me to be like him and that could never happen LOL
ColSanders

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:11 pm

ColSanders wrote :
> I have a brother that has accomplished so much it makes my life look like a
> waste. I knew from the age of 10 my brother would be above me in every way
> so I got used to being in his shadow. I knew I would never be the favorite
> in my parents eyes so I didnt look for it. Its not like I dont love them I
> just know they want me to be like him and that could never happen LOL

Me too.. I know that feeling. Nothing was good enough, and when I did try to outshine one of my older sisters and failed, they laughed and threw it in my face. I was always the f*ck up, the one who would never amount to much... we are all older now, and nothing still will be good enough. :cry:
MizCeeDub

Postby Bulls6 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 am

Gosh you would hope that your own family would be there for you when you need it most but nope they just want to kick you down like everyone else!
Bulls6

Postby MizCeeDub » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Yup... I keep to myself, moved out of state, and keep in very little contact... lol
MizCeeDub

Postby PositiveK » Fri May 24, 2013 11:43 am

I agree with all that you wrote. The parents should be guiding the kids in an appropriate direction and encouraging them along the way!
PositiveK

Postby windytunnel » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Wanting approval is a natural instinct. We know we are accomplishing something when we have the approval of the people who created us, our spouses, our families, friends, co-workers or class mates. Sure, we don't NEED approval to be happy people, but you always feel 10x's greater, when you have that approval. It's how we build character, self-esteem, and makes us want to be greater. Its our drive!
windytunnel

Postby Needs2Leads » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:30 am

You are pretty wise Mr. or Mrs. poster. ;)
Needs2Leads

PreviousNext

Return to My Dad Thinks I am a "Wuss"

Chat: Enter