Wanting approval

Is your dad telling you to stop crying and toughen up? How do you get him to listen?

Wanting approval

Postby Morris » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:15 pm

When we are children all we are searching for is the approval from our parents. Just to be told that you are doing a good job and that they are proud of you. When you dont have that acceptance feeling from your parents sometimes you can become distant and seek approval other places that may result in trouble or problems. Being an adult you should understand that no matter how your son or daughter turns out you must love and support them. Putting them down because they are not whom you wished for in a child will not help anything. People are who they are and if you force them to change to meet your expectations then you are causing stress on their growing process which could result in severe complexes and disorders becoming adults.
Morris

Re: Wanting approval

Postby ultralight » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:13 am

When you become an adult and are still seeking for that approval you can get involved in some really bad things because con artists will smell your weakness and manipulate you into feeling like you are making everyone happy by doing their bidding.
ultralight

Postby Stropp » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:20 pm

There are many kids that are struggling as adults because they never had that approval. People refer to them as daddy issues. They are very real.
Stropp

Postby irishclover » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:35 am

Stropp wrote :
> There are many kids that are struggling as adults because they never had
> that approval. People refer to them as daddy issues. They are very real.

Thats why so many girls that dont have a strong male figure in their life often resort to stripping because they are looking for acceptance from a man.
irishclover

Postby AllUp2U » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:30 pm

irishclover wrote :
> Thats why so many girls that dont have a strong male figure in their life often
> resort to stripping because they are looking for acceptance from a man.

Having no father can allow strange men to enter her life knowing that she is vulnerable and seeking love. The things these men do to girls like that is psychological bullying.
AllUp2U

Postby Oriented » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:14 am

I am an adult with children of my own and I still seek my parents approval. I dont know what it is about needing that validation from your folks but you just feel better once you have it.
Oriented

Postby HarvestMoon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:45 am

Making up your mind that you love your parents but can still be happy living your own life will help you get away from that dependency of their approval.
HarvestMoon

Postby Wheel5 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:19 pm

When you have children of your own reverse the cycle and make them feel like they are all stars in your eyes so they know how much they are loved.
Wheel5

Postby Born2Bme » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:41 pm

ultralight wrote :
> When you become an adult and are still seeking for that approval you can
> get involved in some really bad things because con artists will smell your
> weakness and manipulate you into feeling like you are making everyone happy
> by doing their bidding.

Predators can find the people searching for approval and destroy them brick by brick
Born2Bme

Postby MurrayST » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:54 pm

It always seems like the oldest or the youngest in a big family has issues in adulthood about needing or wanting approval of others.
MurrayST

Next

Return to My Dad Thinks I am a "Wuss"

Chat: Enter