Respectful disagreement

Is your dad telling you to stop crying and toughen up? How do you get him to listen?

Respectful disagreement

Postby Minnie » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:35 pm

If you want to stand up for yourself to your Dad then you have to do it in a respectful way. Talking back in a disrespectful way will only start a fight and you wont get your message through clearly. Talking with your dad about how you interact cannot be forced because you are is son so he will not be forced from his son but if you work something out and come to an agreement together then now you are earning his respect.
Minnie

Re: Respectful disagreement

Postby speckles » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Thats how men work things out, by understanding each other and making sure that the right thing is done. You have to make him believe that you are trying to live your life the best way that you can and it would make it a lot easier if you had him on your side.
speckles

Postby marigold » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Also make sure that you have privacy when you are talking about that stuff so you can have a man to man talk and not be interupted or hold anything back because someone else is in the room.
marigold

Postby bbbright » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Yelling or screaming will not work it will only get you in hot water and will shut off any future mature conversations that you can have with your father.Always show respect to your parents even if you disagree with them.
bbbright

Postby WarmNfuzzy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:05 pm

I had a brother growing up that used to argue with my dad a lot about anything. He would never try to have a conversation just say it was dumb and he wouldnt do it. My father and hip butted head like a couple of rams his entire childhood. Its funny because we just had a family bbq and my brother apologized for being so rude to him growing up and they hugged it out it was really sweet. He said he wished he would have listened more and not argued as much and things would have been a lot more peaceful in our home.
WarmNfuzzy

Postby burtz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:36 pm

Has anyone ever got in a fist fight with their father?
burtz

Postby CrawDAD » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:12 pm

Never a fist fight but a lot of yelling and screaming when we didnt agree on something.We were and are still very hard headed men in out family and all those disagreements believe or not helped us understand each other a little better each time.
CrawDAD

Postby CYBER » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm

burtz wrote :
> Has anyone ever got in a fist fight with their father?

Almost but my mom and sister stopped it. It would have ruined our relationship for a long time so im glad they were they to step in. We never got along growing up but as men now we see eye to eye.
CYBER

Postby CapnKate » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Boys are so funny sometimes
CapnKate

Postby Wayward » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:57 pm

burtz wrote :
> Has anyone ever got in a fist fight with their father?

My older brother did and they still dont talk.(that was 16 years ago) We have to all meet seperately its really sad and its made family get togethers very sad.
Wayward

Next

Return to My Dad Thinks I am a "Wuss"

Chat: Enter