Confidence

Is your dad telling you to stop crying and toughen up? How do you get him to listen?

Confidence

Postby confidence » Tue May 29, 2012 3:53 pm

When you talk to your dad you should have a stern voice and look him directly in the eyes. That is how you show your dad that you are becoming a man. When men have a conversation they say exactly whats on their mind and they show each other respect by looking in each others eyes so they know what you are saying is important to them. You cannot do this without having confidence. You have to see yourself doing it then believing that you can do it. The next step is doing it!
confidence
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Confidence

Postby Br***** » Wed May 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Dont mistake a stern voice with a disrespectful one. That is not the point "confidence" is trying to make. You have to speak up and make direct eye contact when you want something done. You have to take the tone that this is what you feel and this is how it has to be. Your dad will understand that you mean business and the old way has to stop because it is not working anymore.
Br*****
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Re: Confidence

Postby Swipe » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Dads only want to help their sons so if he is being extra hard on you it will be a good thing for you to stand up to him. The fact that you can stand up to your own dad is proof enough to him that you have guts. I think his only concern is making you tough so you can take on the world. If you can understand that then building of the confidence to tell him you dont like how he calls you a wuss will be a proud moment for him because you are standing up for what you believe in no matter the risk.
Swipe
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: Confidence

Postby KevinDude » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:27 am

Self confidence is the one thing that will make people get off your back. If you carry yourself in a manner where you always know what you want and how you want it you will earn respect. Your dad will be very proud of you when you show signs of strong self confidence and when you finally stand up to your own father is the day he realizes that he is making a man out of you.
KevinDude
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:25 am

Re: Confidence

Postby abstract » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:50 pm

full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing.

If you really believe in what you are saying it will be shown on your face. Not even your own Dad will be able to deny you when you approach him with confidence. Take a deep breath and do what you need to do.
abstract
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:42 pm

Re: Confidence

Postby Juicy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Knowing what you want and doing what you want are very seperate things. The people who get what they want in life go after what they want. This is because they have the confidence that they can have anything if they put their mind to it. If you want to be one of these people you have to start believing that you derserve it. The confidence will ooze out your pours and people will be able to see a change in you. Most importantly your father.
Juicy
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Confidence

Postby Crispix » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:28 pm

When fathers mess up is when they force their sons to be more like them. You can teach them things and answer their questions but you cant force them to be someone who they are not. If they dont like to fight or get dirty that doesnt mean they are rejecting you as a person. That is just them telling you their likes and dislikes. Having an understanding of each other will be the only way to have a solid relationship.
Crispix
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Re: Confidence

Postby finner » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:59 am

abstract wrote :
> full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a
> person or thing.
>
> If you really believe in what you are saying it will be shown on your face.
> Not even your own Dad will be able to deny you when you approach him with
> confidence. Take a deep breath and do what you need to do.

This is good advice.
finner
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:14 am

Re: Confidence

Postby treasured » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:18 pm

You have to believe what you say if you want others to as well. Learning to really speak your mind and with real conviction will get anyone to listen to you especially a hardened father.
treasured
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:15 pm

Re: Confidence

Postby FromU » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:01 pm

Br***** wrote :
> Dont mistake a stern voice with a disrespectful one. That is not the point
> "confidence" is trying to make. You have to speak up and make
> direct eye contact when you want something done. You have to take the tone
> that this is what you feel and this is how it has to be. Your dad will
> understand that you mean business and the old way has to stop because it is
> not working anymore.

Big difference between having confidence and berrating someone
FromU
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Next

Return to My Dad Thinks I am a "Wuss"

cron
Chat: Enter