School Counselor

Is your dad telling you to stop crying and toughen up? How do you get him to listen?

Re: School Counselor

Postby life2me » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:29 am

I dont like my school counselor.She blames me for being bullied and calls me antisocial.I am this way because they are mean to me.I dont want to be friends with kids that hate me.My dad told me to just ignore them and they will stop.They will never stop and both my parents and school counselor think I should just be happy.Happy is not how school is for me maybe for them but not me.
life2me

Postby ApHistorian » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:44 pm

How on earth can a school counselor tell a student that they are to blame for their bullying and stiil have a job.
ApHistorian

Postby MizCeeDub » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:44 am

Just be careful you make sure to tell the truth. Counselors are required to report behavior deemed as abuse. They will keep all you say in privacy, but offer great advice, which may include holding a session with your parent.
MizCeeDub

Postby HSPlumms08 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:04 am

Good advice, I hope the councilors now a days are doing there jobs correctly.
HSPlumms08

Postby MizCeeDub » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:40 am

HSPlumms08 wrote :
> Good advice, I hope the councilors now a days are doing there jobs
> correctly.

They are so underpaid and undereducated, I doubt they give each and every one of their advised students 100% of their attention. SO many stories of school shootings, bullying, and or suicide that always end up in "the alleged had several talks with counselor, but" and then the counselor will sometimes follow it up with "they didn't deem it a true threat or blah blah blah. Know what I mean? It's just sad that the people who are to be there and "council" you and guide you, are just listening with deaf ears, and never paying attention to underlying potential life threatening problems.
MizCeeDub

Postby FarmerNC » Tue May 07, 2013 1:36 pm

Who analyzes the school counselors to see if they are doing a sufficient job?
FarmerNC

Postby MizCeeDub » Fri May 10, 2013 8:18 pm

FarmerNC wrote :
> Who analyzes the school counselors to see if they are doing a sufficient
> job?
Thats a very good question and I will do some research and find out.
MizCeeDub

Postby ThisIsagoodday » Thu May 16, 2013 10:39 am

I'm not sure if they had real trained councilors when I was in middle school. We had one principal and a one nurse.
ThisIsagoodday

Postby teeeesha » Fri May 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Schools have guidance counselors, if there district deems them necessary. But at best, there people with a lot of classes in social behavior that hold a Bachelor's. Not knocking it, but i hold a Bachelor's and took plenty sociology and psychology classes, and i am no where near capable of counseling myself, let alone a impressionable, troubled child or teen.
teeeesha

Postby SuppliMental » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:28 am

I hope counselors are trained today. Mine were most terrible. They discouraged me from pursuing a higher eduction, telling me to use my hands to make a living. I didn't listen.
SuppliMental

PreviousNext

Return to My Dad Thinks I am a "Wuss"

Chat: Enter