Sensitivity training

Is your dad telling you to stop crying and toughen up? How do you get him to listen?

Re: Sensitivity training

Postby StartNew » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:41 pm

Results wrote :
> Do you think some parents should be required to take a few classes of
> sensitivity training in order to fully understand their impact on their
> child? Why or why not?

If I didnt have manners I would name the parents who deserve to take a mandatory class for the things that they do.
StartNew

Postby MrMonroe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:04 pm

You cannot shame a parent into going to a class like this but more convince them that even if they could learn one new thing that would help their relationship with their child I think it would make a better impression on them.
MrMonroe

Postby MizCeeDub » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:33 am

This would be great to teach around sex Ed. Offer it again like when parents go to Lamaze classes to prepare for birth, they can get a few lessons in sensitivity too! Especially good for teens having kids, because some, not all, did not have a great upbringing and therefore fail to raise their child properly. Children don't have life knowledge to teach another child. I can say this cause I was a teen parent. My son is 19 and at 15 having a kid, I couldn't each him to be a good man. His dad is in prison for life, so, between me, my mom and his step dad, we failed him and he resents us for having such a broken childhood. I sure wish a sensitivity class would have been available for me so that I could have learned how to be sensitive to the mental growth of my child.
MizCeeDub

Postby Double00 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:38 pm

This is really needed in our society if we want to create positive productive people who want to contribute to our world. Without proper guidance kids can turn to crime and then we have a different problem.

It should be implemented on a case by case basis but should be mandatory for some parents that need this help.
Double00

Postby MizCeeDub » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:39 pm

I agree
MizCeeDub

Postby MisterE » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:06 am

It would be difficult to make something like this mandatory but if you did something like offering incentives for taking these classes people would do it. Lower insurance rates for health care or discounted delivery for child birth. Anytime when you can offer them something to make it worth their time they will attend and obtain the valuable lessons that they need.
MisterE

Postby MizCeeDub » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:26 pm

MisterE wrote :
> It would be difficult to make something like this mandatory but if you did
> something like offering incentives for taking these classes people would do
> it. Lower insurance rates for health care or discounted delivery for child
> birth. Anytime when you can offer them something to make it worth their
> time they will attend and obtain the valuable lessons that they need.

Good idea! Offer it in high school during the week of sex education, since no one pays attention to that anymore!! lol
MizCeeDub

Postby Castro118 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:11 am

I think that is a case by case basis
Castro118

Postby DoraLynn » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:34 pm

Great ideas
DoraLynn

Postby BBking » Mon May 20, 2013 1:15 pm

If you cannot make it mandatory you could make it very inconvenient for them if they dont like higher rates for child health care.
BBking

PreviousNext

Return to My Dad Thinks I am a "Wuss"

Chat: Enter